- 45 to 50-minute individual therapy session: $125
- 60-minute therapy session: $150
- Intake assessments (first session): $200
- Letters for current clients (have seen me within the past 30 days: $40 (MUST BE PAID BEFORE LETTER IS WRITTEN)
- Letters for former or inactive clients: $60 (MUST BE PAID BEFORE LETTER IS WRITTEN)
- Court appearances: $150/hr
- Records request fee (sometimes may be charged to company requesting records): $50 PLUS $0.25 per page faxed or copied
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- If I still have a deductible to meet, what is the contracted rate I will pay out of pocket for sessions until it is met?
- If I have met my deductable, how much is my co-pay or co-insurance (a co-pay is a set amount per visit, and co-insurance is a set percentage of the contracted rate)?
- Are there any limits to the number of sessions per year covered by my insurance plan?
- Is approval or preauthorization required before I start therapy?
I can help you in figuring out how much your insurance will pay and how much you will pay during the free consultation.
I am currently a preferred provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield, Select Health, Tricare/TriWest, Uni Behavioral Health Network (behavioral health for University of Utah employees), Molina (not Medicaid or Medicare), Molina CHIP, United Health Care, UMR, GEHA, and the Wise network. I also take CVR (Crime Victim Reparations) if I am paneled with your health insurance or you don't have health insurance, and I can usually bill any insurance plan other than listed above as an out of network provider if you have out of network benefits. Contact me if you prefer to use insurance and have any questions about what types I accept. It's also a good idea to double-check with your insurance provider if you don't understand what your benefits cover.
Reduced Fee/ Sliding Scale
Sliding scale fee services are available on a limited basis for those without insurance and those unable to use their insurance benefits (e.g. those with a high deductable plan and a low to moderate income, or have insurance that I am not paneled with and don't pay for out of network benefits). Contact me about availability and to see if you qualify. Documentation of income may be required to qualify.
Cash, check, Paypal, and all major credit cards accepted for payment. If your HSA or FSA allows PayPal payments to be charged, you can also use this to pay. Copayments and sliding scale payments are due at the beginning of each appointment. If I am billing insurance and you don't have a set copay, you will pay after insurance processes the claim. Payments by credit card can be made through my website or I can charge your credit card you put on file.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified me at least 48 hours in advance, you will be charged a $40 fee due before your next session. Frequent or habitual cancellations with or without 48-hour notice may result in termination of therapy.
I offer a free 15-minute in-person or phone consultation to discuss my policies and for you to ask any questions you may have. You can request a free 15-minute therapy consultation online by clicking on the button below.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.